To our SketchBook family:
The day we’ve all been waiting for has arrived. Today, we’re incredibly proud and excited to announce the global availability of Autodesk SketchBook Pro 7, as well as introduce the all-new membership-based Autodesk SketchBook for Windows® and Mac®.
Greater choice for SketchBook users
Providing a natural drawing experience for everyone who loves to draw has always been the driving force of the SketchBook team. Today, by giving our users more choice in how they access SketchBook fulfills not just the “natural drawing experience” part of our mission, but the “everyone” part as well. Some of our users like to buy SketchBook as a perpetual license, and they can continue to do so at the Autodesk Online Store for USD$65 SRP*. On the other hand, some users want a little more flexibility in how they buy and use SketchBook, so we’re introducing three membership tiers:
- Anyone can start using SketchBook completely free with a Starter membership. The Starter edition of SketchBook includes core tools to create basic drawings, and allows artists to become familiar with the natural drawing experience of SketchBook.
- Create a completely free SketchBook account to upgrade to an Essentials membership. The Essentials edition of SketchBook includes layer management, a full color palette, basic brush customization, dynamic symmetry, and ruler tools to enable more precise control for more complex drawings and illustrations
- Purchase a Pro membership for USD$24.99 SRP* annually or USD$2.99 SRP* monthly to unlock the full feature set of SketchBook, including Perspective Guides, Flipbook, Distort Transform, an improved layer editor, blending modes, layer grouping, and improved selection tools. Pro members will also automatically receive all updates to the SketchBook family, including new features and versions, for as long as their Pro membership is active.
To recap: If you want to buy SketchBook as a standalone perpetual license, you can still do that and get all the same powerful features as Pro members. If you want a little more flexibility with a membership-based license, you can do that, too, and choose the plan that’s right for you.
As you might have noticed, we completely rebuilt SketchBook.com with a new look and feel. We also created a new SketchBook knowledge base and are adding new help content and tutorials all the time. Check out the new knowledge base here.
Dive in and get started
There are a lot of new features and tools for users to experiment with in SketchBook, so we created tutorials to enable you to get started quickly. Check out the video tutorials for Perspective Guides, Blending Modes, and Flipbook, and see all the new features in SketchBook in a single place by downloading the What’s New Guide.
Download SketchBook and start drawing today
SketchBook is available for Windows and Mac, and can be downloaded free in the Mac App Store and at SketchBook.com. If you purchase a perpetual license from the Autodesk Online Store, you will get a download link in your confirmation email.
Check out the cool new Perspective Guides.
See the new blending modes in action.
Thank you for using SketchBook. We can’t wait to see the beautiful art you create!
*The Autodesk Suggested Retail Price (SRP) shown is Autodesk's suggested retail price for the specified products.
If you're in the Bay Area, you have to check out the Mobile Digital Art Creativity Summit, August 1-3rd in Palo Alto, CA. The free reception on Friday night features selected artwork from all over the world- everything made with a mobile device.
The Summit continues after the reception with two days of classes on August 2nd and 3rd. Select whichever track you like best, or mix and match:
Mobile Digital Art: focus on creation of artwork using different 2D art apps
Mobile Creativity: creative apps which enable you to do digital sculpting (with 3D printing) to caricaturing, photo manipulation, animation and creating comic strip characters.
What: The Mobile Digital Art and Creativity Summit
Where: The Pacific Art League, 668 Ramona Street, Palo Alto (across from City Hall).
When: August 1st 5:30pm - 8pm
Aug 2nd and Aug 3rd 8:30am - 5pm
I'll be at the reception on Friday night! I hope to see you there.
Going to SDCC? We are too.
Here's where you can find the SketchBook Pro team:
- Domain Expert Kyle Runciman will be demoing the new SketchBook features in the Wacom booth #5336. Check out all the new features in his talk "Concept Development in SketchBook Pro 7".
- Community Manager Renée Busse will be drawing with the deviantART crew in artist alley. Look for her and a Cintiq Companion with SketchBook 7!
- Our friends at Madefire are proud to announce "Milk for The Ugly" and "Life Support" Motion Books. All of the artwork was made in SketchBook Pro. Motion Books are a totally new way to experience storytelling, brought to life through using Madefire's Motion Book tool. You can even make your own motion books over on deviantART!